The Betty Lumpkin Memorial Library
Your Informational Key to Success
The mission of the BHS Library is to support the instructional needs of our patrons (i.e. staff and students) to increase student achievement and growth as a life-long learner. Furthermore, the library is a place where students can explore their unique interests and hobbies through magazines and books. The library is available throughout the instructional day. Special arrangements with the librarian may be made for use of the library before or after school.
Media Policies and Procedures for Students:
- Enter quietly and observe what is happening inside the library
- Unless a student is on their lunch break, a student should have a note from a teacher to visit the library.
- Students may visit the library on their lunch break but no food or drinks are allowed in the library.
- Students are to respect themselves, those around them, and their library books.
- Students may check out no more than two books per visit, with their student ID card.
- The checkout period for each book is two weeks, not including weekends and school holidays. Ebooks are available online by going to Follettshelf in Quick Links or via App called "Destiny Discover"
- Students are expected to pay for the loss or damage of library materials.
- All library debts must be settled before a report card can be released to a student. See Mr. Lashley to clear your record.
- Reference materials may not be checked out at this time but are available for your to read while you are visiting the library.
A computer lab is available for individual students or small groups to engage with technologies and to complete class assignments. Students who are working in the lab should maintain a "quiet and productive" environment and not disturb others who might be reading or researching nearby.